Monday, June 05, 2006

Summer Chaos

After returning home from an incredibly fun, romantic, stress-free week in Paris I am suddenly hit with a house full of kids back from college and on summer vacation. Total bedlam. Needless to say, it's a bit difficult to be creative in this environment, especially when I am screaming things like, "Stop banging on the piano!" and "Who left their clothes all over the bathroom floor?" Today I resorted to earplugs and posted a note on my bedroom door that read, DO NOT INTERRUPT UNLESS IT'S AN EMERGENCY. Things seemed fine until I got up to brew my second cup of coffee and discovered a cloud of noxious fumes in the kitchen. Apparently, my son Daniel had burned the motor of my blender while making one of his famous coconut-blueberry-banana smoothies.

Oh well, this too shall pass. In the meantime I'm excited because I heard from my editor that the final cover art for BROTHERS will be ready this week. If so, I will post it on my website. Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home