Thursday, April 06, 2006

Dorkmobile

My parents are coming to visit next week! They'll be driving their top-of-the-line Nissan Maxima all the way from New York City to Austin, Texas in order to give the car to my soon-to-be sixteen-yr-old son, Jonny, who will have his license on May third. So when Jonny drives to his blues gigs in his souped-up, fully-loaded, all leather interior dream car, I will be tagging along in my dorkmobile - an Oldsmobile minivan with a big dent in the rear and a side view mirror held on with duct tape.

However, the good news is . . . my Random House editor called yesterday and she loves the chapters I sent her of my YA work-in-progress, Dylan Fontaine! I'm thrilled. Okay, I must get back to work. The tweaking is taking longer than I thought. Oh, I have another reader, my mom's boss. Hi Brian!

1 Comments:

At 5:07 AM , Blogger Chris Barton said...

It's a great day when your editor loves something enough for you to say so in boldface. Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home