Monday, April 03, 2006

Ted Hall's Blues Church/Jam featuring . . . Jonny

Last night I had the pleasure of attending Ted Hall's Blues Church/Jam at Gino's Italian Grill in South Austin (located at the corner of South 1st Street and West Stassney Lane) with my husband Ed, my daughter Korina, and "The Blues Machine" guest guitarist, my 15 year old son, Jonny! You may wonder how this has anything to do with writing, but it does. In the YA novel I am currently working on, my narrator, 15-yr-old Dylan Fontaine, is a classical guitarist who is challenged to face his fears, let go of convention, and play in a blues jam in Greenwich Village. So, in a way I was doing research. Kind of.

Anyway, the food was great, the band was fabulous, and Jonny was, of course, outstanding. He traded off leads with an awesome harmonica player, keyboardist, trumpet player, and Ted Hall himself. The bass player and drummer were exceptional as well. So, please come out next week! Ted Hall's Blues Church/Jam takes place every Sunday night at Gino's from 8pm until 11:30pm.

Another interesting piece of news is that my mother, June Andersen, is now an avid reader of my blog. Hi Mom! At least I have one fan.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM , Blogger Varian Johnson said...

Hey, I read your blog as well. So you have two fans.

And don't feel bad about being vain; I had my photographer touch-up my photos as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home