Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Idol Fascination

It's Tuesday, and you know what that means . . . American Idol! This is the first year I've watched the show, and I am hooked. It's strange because except for the news and an occasional Disney Channel Movie (High School Musical is kind of addicting) I rarely watch TV. So, I think the fascination comes from feeling a certain kinship with the contestants. Lets face it, as writers we put our vulnerable selves out there for all to judge, and there are plenty of reviewers who are just like Simon. Cold-hearted and a little too blunt. Possibly mean-spirited? What cheers me up though, is the way the contestants rally around each other, just like we in the writing community do. All in all, it's a great place to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home