Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Edits, Gigs, and Campouts

Let's see ... much has gone on since my last post. I received the typeset pages of Brothers, and after much back-and-forth with the proofreader my copyediting journey has finally come to an end! (I think.) Anyway, now I must worry about all the mistakes (caused by yours truly) packed into my bound galleys that go out to yes, the reviewers. Oh well, hopefully they'll be so taken in by the story that they won't even notice. Right.

I'm happy to say that I survived my first girl scout camp out. I was sort of dreading it - even thinking of sending Ed in my place (that would have gone over big)- but in truth it wasn't too bad. Korina had a blast with her friends and I managed to sleep, well, a few hours. While I was toughing it out in the wilderness Jonny and his band had their first paid gig at the coffee shop up the road. Apparently they had a big turn out, and now the rock stars are taking a break while I get a short reprieve from the all the noise. Yes, they practice in our game room.

Oh, also received some very nice news from my agent the other day. An editor from a NY publishing house is interested in my YA summer camp novel! She is going to send me a revision letter. Very, very excited.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM , Blogger Varian Johnson said...

I'm glad you survived your camping trip. And, it sounds like you may have some good news to share next month.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home