Tuesday, September 11, 2007


Today's Muse

Well, yes, it's a skull. Like Vincent, I have a thing for skulls, and if you've read Brothers, Boyfriends... you know that April (my narrator) has a collection of skull candles that drip blood (red wax). It's also my muse today because I need something to get me in a morbid mood. How can you write a serial killer book when you're feeling so happy? The thing is, I had a great weekend. On Saturday, Greg and Cyn gave a presentation on picture books, followed by lunch with some Austin writer friends. On Sunday, my family and I went to Schlitterbahn Water Park (no long lines!), and Monday I had coffee with the lovely Liz Scanlon. So now I must think, death, horror, and worst of all...plot.

On a lighter note, my son Daniel just turned 20! This poster of Bob Dylan reminds me of Dan because it's hanging in his room at UNT (sniff, sniff). Dan's a music major and a serious health food nut. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he gave me this list:

1) Schizandra berries
2) Chlorella
3) Krill oil

What are these things? I have no clue. But happy birthday Dan. Hmm, I just had a thought. Bob Dylan is playing at ACL this Sunday. Maybe I should buy Dan a ticket from the scalpers for his b-day, have him home for the weekend....


4 Comments:

At 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed our coffee-and-kombucha date the other day. Did you get Daniel the Dylan tix??

 
At 9:24 PM , Blogger Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Hi April! I love the name of your new blog. April Afloat - it's terrific!
Your new WIP sounds delicious and creepy and hard to write! Good luck with it!
And I'm still waiting to get to your newest novel. I've had the biggest stack of books this summer by my bed and under my bed and around my bed and I'm slowly working my way through. There's not enough hours in the day to write and also read all the great books out there! There are days I wish I was a speed reader, but that would also take all the fun out of it. ;-)

 
At 11:02 PM , Blogger Varian Johnson said...

Hey April. I like what you're doing with your website and blog. So does this mean you're going to help Brian with his?

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Thanks for the post on my blog, April! So nice to hear from you. Seems like blogging is the way that I keep in touch with all my writer friends these days! Your website is darling, too. I love all the pictures of you and your family. You're just too cute! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home