Friday, January 16, 2009


The Tao of Pooh

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully."It's the same thing," he said.

My son Daniel read me this little excerpt from the Tao of Pooh and it made me laugh. I thought about it yesterday when I was at Sam's excitedly buying food for lunch. I chose thick, crusty sourdough bread, goat cheese dipped in red wine (it's called The Drunken Goat), and deep purple blackberries the size of quarters. Eating this feast was definitely the most exciting part of my day.


Okay, now on to more important things. My daughter Korina is in a play at the Zach Scott Theatre in Austin. Wanda's World! (Korina is top row, second from right.) If you have middle school kids, they will love it.
Here's what it's about:
Wanda is the coolest 8th grader ever. She’s beautiful. She’s confident. And she’s the star of her own TV talk show where she gives great advice to troubled tweens. That is...in her fantasies. In real life, Wanda has a problem of her own to face. Will the kids at her new school tease her for being different…or will she finally find a way to fit in? Find out when you ‘tune in’ to the critically acclaimed, Off-Broadway hit, WANDA’s WORLD, live on stage beginning January 31. For ages 6 and up.




1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM , Blogger PJ Hoover said...

Congrats to Korina! And I love the Pooh sentiment. It really does put a nice perspective on life :)
Have a great weekend, April!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home